The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring effective management in the country from a financial accounting and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy and the central and local Financial and Controlling policies and guidelines in place, in order to ensure maximization of return on sales and investment and effective management based on accurate (management) information in alignment with the KPI guidelines from principal.
The Finance Manager is accountable for the financial policy development & implementation of the specific businesses in Greater China, i.e. Wuxi Manufacturing Unit, Wuxi FI/FS, OldTown Hong Kong and OldTown Shenzhen and has multi-country Organization (MCO) scope – Mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Implement and adapts the strategic plan for the country based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provide input and prepares the annual operation plan for the country (for final approval by the Executive Committee) and directs the execution of activities according to this plan.
- Ensure monitoring of business and financial performance by providing the General Manager Retail with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Direct the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements, in liaison with the Global Transactions Center (IBM).
- Organize and maintains a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries / non-SAP countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.